The Houston Chronicle has been closely following the story of the Rodríguez family, and how the recent immigration crackdown has threatened to tear them apart. Juan, husband to Celia Rodríguez and father to three daughters, was told that he could stay in the United States long enough to see his oldest daughter graduate from Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School, and then he would be deported to his home country of El Salvador. The Rodríguezes have promised, however, that they will not be separated without a fight.
Read the whole story:
- Part 1: For Houston family, ICE crackdown shatters the good life they once knew
- Part 2: As deportation looms, a vow: 'We will be happy'
- Part 3: Deportation fight adds legal firepower
- Part 4: Father's Day stirs memories for father facing deportation
- Part 5: Lawsuit against federal government will challenge Houston man's deportation